Discussion about Unwrapping and Eluting the Generator
Describe your own experiences related to elution and unwrapping the generator. What is the best practice? What should be done in different way? Have you done something in different way or same way? Why?
- How do you unwrap the generator? In the hot lab or different room?
- What kind of documents you have to fill about unwrapped generator?
- Do you measure the expired generator before sending it away? Why or why not?
- Do you always remember to wipe the elution vial with an alcohol swab and allow it to dry before eluting?
- Do you use the lead shield around the vial to absorb the radiation from the 99mTc activity?
- What kind of tests you do perform before the eluted 99mTc is released for dispensing or use in the preparation of various 99mTc radiopharmaceuticals?
Note! You can add a picture or film of your way of working.
You are required to post at least once on this forum during this week.