In this course you need an idea of a serious game which will be submitted as a final assignment in the form of the serious game design canvas at the end of the course. This discussion should give you knowledge to fill the top three boxes of the canvas.
Read the document Serious Gaming Demystified to help you to identify what is a serious game, what can be learnt via serious game, what kind of instructional elements there should be in a serious game.
Below there are few ideas for a serious game or a gamified service. Optionally you can write a start for a discussion of your own idea. You should write at least four messages but the more you discuss the better game ideas you get.
List of available ideas:
- Taking care of my car
- Etiquette in business
- Employee in a new workplace
- To learn mathematics
- Type 2 diabetes treatment
- Where does the food come from?
- How to survive in traffic?
In the discussion you need initially clarify following things. See also the top three boxes of the canvas.
- What is possible primary target group (age, gender, ...)?
- Why the game is needed?
- What is the genre of the game? Some game genres explained.
- What is the aim of this game?
- Working title for the game or service.
- Is there a story behind the game?
- How do you create flow in the game?