This activity has two main purposes:
1. To get familiarized and to discuss about different funding possibilities
2. To gather information for the canvas (the final assignment)
Study the funding sources:
- Finnish Funding Agency for Innovation (Tekes)
- Employment and Economic Development Office (TE-palvelut)
- Finnish Industry Investment (Teollisuussijoitus)
- Centre for Economic Development Transport and the Environment (ELY-keskus)
- The Promotion Centre For Audiovisual Culture (AVEK)
- Finnish Business Angels Network (FIBAN)
Advice for the discussion.
Each funding source discussion should be in an individual thread. The first message should describe the main characteristics of the funding source. The next messages (replies) should answer the questions below. You should write at least four messages and one of those can be an individual starting message so you can start a new thread for the funding source in question if there is no such thread yet.
When writing messages you can use the same idea you used in Serious Games Think Tank Forum. You can use other serious games examples as well.
- What would be the funding source of the game?
- What is the process of getting funding?
- Are there different forms for funding? If so, what are those?
- What are the requirements for getting funding?
- Is there a maximum amount of funding, is there a typical amount of funding?
- What seems to be a biggest challenge for getting funding?
Justify your thoughts.